MultiPlan Insurance Coverage for Addiction TreatmentUsing MultiPlan Insurance Coverage to pay for addiction treatment: One of the first things that someone thinks of when considering going to treatment for substance or alcohol abuse is the cost of the program. Substance abuse treatment can be costly. Fortunately, your MultiPlan insurance plan will cover alcohol and substance abuse treatment. Treatment could be free or at a fraction of the costs that you would expect. Our addiction treatment specialists can help you find treatment options for substance abuse and mental health disorders that your insurance plan will cover. We work with programs that are both in-network and out-of-network with MultiPlan Insurance.
Having health insurance does not guarantee coverage for all types of treatment for alcohol or drug addictions. Health insurance coverage can vary by plan. Most insurance plans will cover most or part of treatment for a substance abuse disorder depending on the plan you have chosen. You can call us to find out if there are any drug rehab centers nearby that take MultiPlan Insurance. If you would like to find out more about drug rehab programs near you, give us a call and we can get your insurance verified today.
What you will learn:
- About MultiPlan Insurance Group
- Does MultiPlan insurance cover drug and alcohol rehab centers?
- What types of substance misuse treatment will MultiPlan insurance cover?
- Does MultiPlan insurance pay for detox?
- Does MultiPlan insurance cover suboxone or medication-assisted treatment programs?
- Are residential and inpatient rehab center programs covered by MultiPlan insurance?
- Will my MultiPlan insurance cover outpatient treatment programs?
- How to check my MultiPlan insurance coverage for substance abuse programs?
- How much will you have to pay in out-of-pocket expenses?
- What kind of behavioral health treatment will MultiPlan insurance pay for?
- How We Can Help
About MultiPlan Insurance GroupMultiPlan insurance started in the 80’s and has become one of the largest insurance providers in the nation. They have built a very large network of providers and facilities for both mental health and physical health services. With over 5,600 hospitals, 164,000 ancillaries, 1,300,000 providers, and facilities in their network you have choices for substance abuse treatment. They even have extended services for members who travel or live away from their service area.
Does MultiPlan insurance cover drug and alcohol rehab centers?MultiPlan does cover drug and alcohol rehab as well as mental health treatment. MultiPlan is one of the largest providers of insurance in the United States. MultiPlan is in-network with many different rehab center programs throughout the country including our treatment center network. The programs that MultiPlan will cover are dependent on the plan you have chosen, the area in which you are seeking treatment and the type of rehab you would like to attend.
What types of substance misuse treatment will MultiPlan insurance cover?MultiPlan insurance group covers a full array of treatment options for alcohol misuse, substance abuse, and mental health conditions. MultiPlan offers both PPO and HMO plans varying in coverage, deductibles, coinsurance, and co-payments. Depending on the plan you have chosen you may be able to choose in-network providers or out-of-network providers giving you many choices for finding the best drug rehab center that will take your insurance plan.
Does MultiPlan insurance pay for detox?Detoxification programs are the first step in the recovery process for many people who are entering into rehab for addiction. MultiPlan insurance will cover part, or all of your detox stay depending on the provider, type of drugs detoxing from, and co-payment of your policy. You may need to get a doctor’s approval before being covered just to make sure that it is necessary and medically needed to ensure your withdrawal safety.
Does MultiPlan insurance cover suboxone or medication-assisted treatment programs?MultiPlan insurance covers medication-assisted treatment programs and suboxone tapering programs. You may need to get a referral from your primary care provider to make sure that this treatment is medically needed before entering into a program. MultiPlan insurance group uses ASAM criteria to determine which services are medically necessary including (MAT) services. MAT is approved by the (FDA) Food and Drug Administration and is used in conjunction with counseling and therapy to help address the underlying issues that have led to addiction in the first place.
Are residential and inpatient rehab center programs covered by MultiPlan insurance?MultiPlan insurance will cover residential inpatient treatment programs that are in-network or out-of-network depending on your insurance plan and location of provider. Individual coverage can vary by plan type, type of service, and your primary care provider's recommendation for outside treatment programs to treat substance abuse disorders.
Will my MultiPlan insurance cover outpatient treatment programs?In outpatient treatment programs, patients live at their own residences or sober living homes while attending meetings and therapy sessions. MultiPlan will cover outpatient treatment programs, but the amount of coverage will vary from plan to plan. Some insurance will cover a set amount of outpatient treatment for each calendar year.
How to check my MultiPlan insurance coverage for substance abuse programs?If your insurance provider is MultiPlan, and you are not sure about what is covered or which plan you have, there are a few ways to find out what is covered.
- Give us a call and find out if your policy is in-network with one of the treatment programs we work with. Your rehab stay could be free depending on your policy, deductible, co-insurance payment, and copays. If you are wondering how to come up with copays, deductibles, or co-insurance payments we may be able to help you find a solution through third-party lending, insurance negotiation with your provider, or scholarships to help you cover the out-of-pocket expenses.
- Go to your insurance provider’s portal, either through their App or website. If you have not made an account on their portal, you will need to register. Getting an account set up is simple, you will need your policy number or your social security number to verify your identity. From there it is easy to see what you are covered for and what out-of-pocket expenses you should be prepared for before committing to a rehab center program.
- Call customer service and let them help you.
The options above will be able to provide you with all the specific information about your MultiPlan insurance coverage. If you are considering a specific facility and are unsure if your MultiPlan insurance policy is in-network you can give us a call today. Our admission specialists can help you understand your coverage and check and see if your plan is in-network with one of the rehab or detox centers near you.
How much will you have to pay in out-of-pocket expenses?Coverage amounts for drug and alcohol addictions are dependent on your policy, co-insurance, deductible, and copays. Many people have a set deductible for both medical and mental health services. This is a set amount you must pay before your MultiPlan insurance policy will start covering your rehab stay. Once your insurance plan starts paying after the deductible has been met, they will typically cover a set amount, depending on your plan. You might need to pay the remaining amount if you have reached your coverage limits.
- Co-insurance is a percentage of a covered service or procedure that you are responsible for. Example: If you have a "30% coinsurance" policy, it means that, when you have a medical bill, you are responsible for 30% of it. You may have to meet a deductible before you make the co-insurance payment depending on your policy.
- Deductible is the amount of money you must pay before MultiPlan will cover any expenses. Example: if you have a $5000 deductible you will have to pay that before they will cover the rest of your rehab stay.
- Copay is a set amount that you will pay for a service or procedure before you have met your deductible. You may have to make copayments even after you have met your deductible depending on your policy.
What kind of behavioral health treatment will MultiPlan insurance pay for?
Multi Plan Insurance will cover the following services relating to substance abuse disorders, and mental health treatment.
- Medication assisted treatment programs.
- Therapy programs
- Inpatient rehab center programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment/co-occurring disorder treatment
How We Can HelpOur certified addiction specialists have been helping people find effective and affordable treatment for substance abuse, mental health conditions, and detoxification for over 20 years. All information we receive is protected by HIPPA laws, so your information will not be shared with anyone without your permission. The programs we work with accept MultiPlan insurance and can work directly with your provider to get you covered for treatment. We can help you navigate the complicated insurance world and let you know what your financial responsibilities will be when entering a treatment center. For more information call us now. 24/7 Services.
The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA)
Mental Health Substance Abuse Coverage
Erik Epp – Content Author