Outpatient Treatment Centers for Alcohol and Drug Addiction
What is an outpatient program?
There are a few things to consider when looking for an outpatient treatment program
- Cost of the program
- Location of the program
- What types of treatment are available
- Schedule of the program
Types of treatment available at an outpatient treatment program for addiction.
Intensive outpatient therapy programs
- Intensive outpatient treatment centers offer treatment for at least 2 hours a day and 3 days a week, up to 8 hours of treatment 6 days a week. Intensive outpatient treatment can be coupled with sober living for those that cannot afford to enter into an inpatient treatment center. Most intensive outpatient programs focus mainly on relapse prevention, to help ensure that the client doesn’t have a ‘fall back episode’ during the treatment process. The treatment schedule is varied so the client can continue their daily work or school schedules.
- This type of treatment program was originally designed for patients that would require more of medical intervention and ongoing medical supervision during the outpatient treatment program. Requiring that the client stays in a sober living environment with full-time supervision during the program and usually meetings in offices daily or in a hospital setting 3-6 days a week for up to 8 hours a day. Partial hospitalization treatment centers are usually less money than an inpatient treatment program but require the same type of housing commitment while undergoing treatment.
- Group therapy is usually combined with other types of therapies in the early stages of recovery to help the balance of treatment and to allow for interaction and support from others that are going through the same addiction treatment. Usually consisting of 12 step meetings or AA/NA programs, group therapy gives the individual more support at the time when they could use it the most.
- Counseling sessions are scheduled 1- 3 times a week for usually an hour a day to ensure that the client has a minimal disruption in their daily work or school schedules.
Will my insurance cover an inpatient drug or alcohol treatment program?
How to decide if there is a need for inpatient treatment or can the problem be handled with outpatient therapy programs?
- Your mental stability or health
- Medical history
- Family support
- Living situation
- Type of drugs being abused
- Previous treatment attempts
In order for an Outpatient Drug Rehab program to work, you need to make sure that you follow through with all appointments and counseling sessions. Making sure that you have support from family and friends, a stable clean place to live, and transportation to and from the counseling sessions will help you succeed in treatment.
We can help you or someone you love find the best Outpatient Rehab Center for addiction today. Addiction No More is an Addiction Treatment Center locator service. For immediate service, please call one of our counselors 24/7.
Please Note: This is not an official Assessment or Evaluation form. This form is not admissible in court or for probation officers and is not accepted by caseworkers. Addiction No More is here to help you find treatment for addiction. We can not give any legal advice. If you are looking for a rehab center please fill out this form or call us now.
Disclaimer: This evaluation is not intended to constitute a diagnosis of any disorder. The information provided here cannot substitute for a full evaluation by a health professional which must be done in person. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for help locating a treatment center for addiction.
For help locating outpatient services please fill out this form. A counselor will be contacting you. For immediate service, call now.
Please fill out this form if you are in need of placement into an addiction treatment program, detox center, or need help locating outpatient drug or alcohol rehab programs in your area. By filling out this form, you are giving consent to having a counselor contact you, by phone or email, to assist with addiction issues. 100% Confidential. PLEASE NOTE: You can speak immediately with any of our counselors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-513-5423