Humana Health Insurance Coverage for Addiction TreatmentUsing Humana Health Insurance Coverage to pay for addiction treatment: One of the first things that someone thinks of when considering going to treatment for substance or alcohol abuse is the cost of the program. Substance abuse treatment can be very expensive. Fortunately, your Humana health insurance plan will cover alcohol and substance abuse treatment. In fact, treatment could be free or at a fraction of the costs that you would expect. Our addiction treatment specialists can help you find treatment options for substance abuse and mental health disorders that your insurance plan will cover. We work with programs that are both in-network and out-of-network with Humana Health Insurance. If you would like to verify your own benefits yourself, you can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card, or log into your Humana insurance portal and verify what your specific plan will cover there. You can also call us to find out if there are any drug rehab centers nearby that take Humana Insurance. If you would like to find out more about drug rehab programs near you, give us a call and we can get your insurance verified today.
What you will learn:
- Does Humana cover drug and alcohol rehab?
- Types of treatment covered by Humana
- Does Humana insurance cover medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs, or suboxone?
- Humana Military Insurance
- Humana Medicaid substance abuse coverage
- How to navigate your insurance plan
- Humana coverage for different types of rehabs?
- Find out if local rehab facilities are in-network with your insurance plan.
Does Humana cover drug and alcohol rehab?Humana does cover drug and alcohol rehab as well as mental health treatment. Humana is one of the largest providers of insurance in the United States and is in-network with many different rehab center programs throughout the country. The programs that Humana will cover are dependent on the plan you have chosen, the area in which you are seeking treatment and the type of rehab you would like to attend.
Types of treatment covered by HumanaWith each insurance plan being different in terms of coverage, types of programs available, and other variables it is best to contact them directly to ensure you are covered. The different programs for substance abuse that may be covered include:
- INPATIENT REHAB CENTERS: Humana covers Inpatient treatment centers. Inpatient treatment programs offer a safe place to stay with 24-hour supervision while you undergo therapy at their center. These programs can last from 2 weeks and up to a year depending on your chosen program. Humana may limit the number of days you can receive treatment for addiction by calendar year.
- OUTPATIENT CARE: Humana covers Outpatient rehab programs. In outpatient treatment programs patients live at their residence or a sober living home while they attend meetings and therapy sessions. Usually, there is a set number of hours in a calendar year that insurance will cover. Copayments and deductibles may have to be covered by you before insurance kicks in.
- DETOX CENTERS: Humana covers detox. Patients in a detox program are medically monitored while under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Detox is there to help you rid your body of substances as comfortably and safely as possible. If you need detoxification services, you may need to see your primary care provider to ensure it is medically necessary before being covered by your insurance plan.
Does Humana insurance cover medication-assisted treatment (MAT) programs, or suboxone?Suboxone is one of the medications that is used in the treatment of opioid addictions and has been approved by the FDA. MAT and Suboxone treatment is covered by Humana insurance as well as other medications like Buprenorphine and Naltrexone. Medication-assisted treatment programs are coupled with therapy and counseling to help deliver a complete program that treats both the mind and body. Insurance companies must cover some or all the costs associated with receiving MAT treatment as part of the opioid epidemic protocols laid out by the federal government. Individual coverage may vary depending on the plan you have chosen, location, and availability of services.
Humana Military Insurance
Humana military offers the finest healthcare available for active service members and veterans with a simple approach to healthcare and service. They have a self-service approach that makes finding a provider that is in-network easy. Humana offers military service members and their families coverage via Humana Military, a subdivision of Human INC. Humana is also partnering with Tricare to offer health programs for veterans. Humana Military will get you to their portal to verify benefits and find a doctor or rehab center that accepts your insurance.
Humana Medicaid substance abuse coverage
Humana is one of the insurers that covers some of the Medicaid insurance plans. These plans offer lower deductibles and sometimes have no deductibles and also come with a large network of providers and services. Humana offers HMO and PPO plans with each having a different network of providers and co-payments.
Humana offers Medicaid and Medicare plans in many states including Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
How to navigate your insurance planHumana offers supplemental insurance that works with your Medicare to provide additional benefits and coverage. This lowers the out-of-pocket expense for things like medications, vision, and dental. You can choose from an HMO plan, a PPO plan, or a private fee service plan. All plans will have different deductibles for in-network or out-of-network providers.
Humana coverage for different types of rehabs?
Coverage by Humana for addiction treatment may vary from plan to plan and will be dependent on these factors such as:
- Type of treatment (inpatient or outpatient)
- Length of stay. (30-, 60-, or 90-day programs)
- Detox if required and medically necessary, type of detox (IE: non-medical detox or medication-assisted detox)
- Type of plan HMO, PPO, etc
With all the types of medical insurance on the market, the most common is a PPO plan or preferred provider plan, and an HMO plan which requires you to designate a primary provider and only see in-network providers when possible. Coverage may be different for everyone depending on factors like where you live, and the plan you choose, and it can be different depending on the state you have your plan through.
Find out if local rehab facilities are in-network with your insurance plan.
Our addiction specialists and counselors have over 22 years of experience in the field of addiction and work with programs that are both in-network and out-of-network with Humana insurance. We can help you figure out what your out-of-pocket expenses are and suggest a program that is right for you and your budget. Your insurance provider will not be notified or contacted unless you have decided to enter treatment and use your coverage. Please call us now for more information or to find out exactly what your Humana insurance will cover.
Information about Medication-Assisted Treatment
Erik Epp – Content Author