SMART Recovery® Program
SMART Recovery® (Self Management And Recovery Training) program helps individuals gain independence from addictive behaviors (substances or activities).
- Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
- Works on addictions/compulsions as complex maladaptive behaviors with possible physiological factors.
- Teaches what tools and techniques are needed for self-directed change.
- Encourages individuals to recover and live satisfying lives.
- Meetings are educational and include open discussions.
- Advocates the appropriate use of prescribed medications and psychological treatments.
- Evolves as scientific knowledge evolves.
Just give us a call and we will start the process together. 1-800-819-9973
The efforts of the Smart Recovery system are based on scientific knowledge and evolve as scientific knowledge evolves.
The SMART Recovery® 4- Point Program employs a variety of tools and techniques to help individuals gain independence from addictive behaviors.
- Point 1: Enhancing and Maintaining (motivation to abstain.)
- Point 2: Coping with urges
- Point 3: Problem Solving (Managing thoughts, feelings and behaviors)
- Point 4: Lifestyle Balance (balancing momentary and enduring satisfactions)
Participants are encouraged to learn how to use each tool presented to them and learn how to use these tools and techniques as they progress toward Point 4 of the program, achieving lifestyle balance and leading a fulfilling and healthy life.
These tools include:
- Stages of Change
- Change Plan Worksheet
- Cost/Benefit Analysis
- ABCs of REBT for Urge Coping
- ABCs of REBT for Emotional Upsets
- DISARM (Destructive Irrational Self-talk
- Awareness & Refusal Method)
- Role-playing and Rehearsing
If you would like more information on Smart Recovery programs in your area, give us a call today.